[ Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 5 min | Serving: 4 ]
This Sichuan-style spicy cucumber salad is a great appetiser, it is simple to make and taste delicious. This spicy and sour sauce is perfectly balanced with the crunchy cucumber and black fungus!
250 g Cucumber
6 g Dried Black Fungus
20 g Garlic Cloves
12 g Shallot
2½ Tbsp Zhenjiang Vinegar
1½ Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Sichuan Pepper Oil
1 Tsp Chili Oil
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
2 Tsp White Sugar
1. Soak dried black fungus (6 g) in hot water for 15 min, then blanch with salt (1 tsp) and shaoxing wine (1 tsp) in 5 min, add the black fungus to the cold water and let them cool. Drain and set aside.
2. Rinse cucumber (250 g), cut off both ends, remove the seeds and then smash it into pieces.
3. Mince garlic cloves (20 g) and shallot (12 g). In a pan, stir fry chopped garlic and chopped shallot with oil (1 tsp).
4. Prepare the sauce mix by adding chopped garlic, chopped shallot, zhenjiang vinegar (2½ tbsp), light soy sauce (1½ tbsp), sichuan pepper oil (1 tsp), chilli oil (1 tsp), white sugar (2 tsp) and sesame oil (1 tsp) to the chili mixture.
5. Drizzle the sauce mix over the cucumber and black fungus. Mix and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Smashing the cucumber into pieces would help it to absorb the sauce mix.