[ Prep Time: 2 hr | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serving: 3 ]
These golden chicken wings are made with deep-fried crispy chicken wings and coated with homemade salted egg yolk sauce. They are very delicious, full of flavour, and super easy to make at home!
500 g Chicken Wings
4 Salted Egg Yolks
30 g Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Cooking Wine
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
1. Marinade chicken wings (500 g) with light soy sauce (1 tbsp), oyster sauce (2 tbsp), cooking wine (1 tbsp), and garlic powder (½ tbsp) for at least 2 hr.
2. Place the salted egg yolks (4 units) on a baking tray, bake at 180 °C/360°F for 10 minutes, let them cool and then crush them into a fine paste.
3. Add corn starch (2 tbsp) to the chicken wings and mix well to form a batter.
4. Heat the cooking oil (100 mL) to 180 °C/360°F over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken wings at 180 °C/360°F for 10 minutes (5 minutes per side), then remove the oil and drain.
5. Melt unsalted butter (30 g) over medium-to-low heat, add the salted egg yolk and stir fry until foamy.
6. Add the fried chicken wings, mix well and serve.