[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 4 ]
Century egg with hot pepper is a simple and easy-to-make Sichuan style appetizer, it is a century egg salad dish served with stir-fried green peppers, garlic and drizzled with sour and spicy chili oil on top!
3 Century Eggs
2 Green Chili Pepper
3 Garlic Cloves
2 Tsp White Sugar
3 Tbsp Zhenjiang Vinegar
3 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1½ Tsp Chili Oil
1½ Tsp Sichuan Pepper Oil
1. Dice garlic (3 cloves), green chilli pepper (2 pcs), chilli (2 pcs), shallot (1 pc) and coriander (1 pc), set aside.
2. Peel the century eggs (3 pcs) and then cut them into wedges, place them on a serving plate.
3. Stir fry garlic, green chilli peppers, chilli and shallot with oil (1 tbsp) until fragrance over low heat.
4. Prepare the sauce mix by adding white sugar (2 tsp), light soy sauce (3 tbsp), Zhenjiang vinegar (3 tbsp), chilli oil (1½ tsp), Sichuan pepper oil (1½ tsp) and sesame oil (1 tsp) to the chilli mixture.
5. Drizzle the sauce mix over the century eggs to serve.
Coating the knife with oil before cutting the century eggs could prevent the yolk from sticking to the knife.