[ Prep Time: 1 hr | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 12 ]
Madeleine is a traditional small shell-like sponge cake originated from France. It is very delicious and easy to make at home!
100 g Cake Flour
110 g Unsalted Butter
1 Tsp Baking Powder
80 g White Sugar
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Refrigerate the madeleine cake pan.
2. Microwave the unsalted butter (110 g) for 30 sec and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix eggs (2 pcs) and white sugar (80 g).
4. Sift together the cake flour (100 g) and baking powder (1 tsp).
5. Add half of egg mixture and mix well.
6. Add the remaining egg mixture and mix until well combined to form a smooth batter.
7. Add melted butter and mix well.
8. Add vanilla extract (¼ tsp) and mix well.
9. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
10. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
11. Add the batter in the pipping bag.
12. Fill the cake mould until 80% full.
13. Bake at 200 °C for 10 min.
14. Cool the Madeleine cakes on a wire rack and serve.