[ Prep Time: 20 min | Baking Time: 70 min | Serving: 8 ]
The traditional pound cake recipe incorporates air into the butter to give the cake a fluffy texture without any leavening agents. The resulting classic pound cake is moist, buttery, and with a delicate texture!
200 g White Sugar
230 g Unsalted Butter
200 g Cake Flour
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Tsp Salt
1. Add room temperature unsalted butter (230 g), salt (½ tsp), and white sugar (200 g) to a bowl and mix well.
2. Beat the butter until it turns white and fluffy then stirs in vanilla extract (2 tsp).
3. Add eggs (3 units).
4. Beat the butter and eggs mixture until it is well incorporated and smooth.
5. Add cake flour (200 g).
6. Fold in the cake flour until there is no dry flour left.
7. Add the batter to a rectangular mold and bake at 160 °C / 320 °F for 70 min.
8. Cool the pound cake on a wire rack, and serve.