[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
This dish is also often directly translated as saliva chicken or mouthwatering chicken. It is a simple cold dish made with poached chicken and a mildly spicy chili oil sauce that is also an excellent appetizer!
500 g Chicken Legs
10 g Garlic Cloves
10 g Ginger Slices
4 Tbsp Hot Oil
3 Tbsp Water
3 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Zhenjiang Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sesame Paste
1 Tsp Chili Flakes
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds
1 Tsp White Sugar
1 Tsp Sichuan Peppercorn Oil
1. Combine chili flakes (1 tsp), chili powder (1 tsp), minced garlic (10 g), and chopped scallions (2 stalks), add hot peanut oil (4 tbsp) and mix well.
2. Add Sichuan peppercorn oil (1 tsp), white sugar (1 tsp), light soy sauce (3 tbsp), Zhenjiang vinegar (1 tbsp), water (3 tbsp), sesame paste (1 tbsp), and white sesame seeds (1 tsp) and mix well. Set aside and let it cool.
3. In a pot of water (600 mL), add salt (20 g) and ginger slices (10 g). Bring it to a boil over high heat then add chicken legs (500 g). Bring it to a boil again, turn off the heat then cover and poach for 30 min.
4. Cool the chicken legs in an ice bath for 15 min.
5. Remove the bone and then cut it into pieces.
6. Pour the sauce mix over the chicken pieces, sprinkle some chopped scallion on top to serve.