[ Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 1 hr | Serving: 4 ]
Radish cake with Chinese sausages is a popular snack. The homemade radish cake is rich in texture, flavourful, and very delicious!
1 kg Daikon Radish
60 g Chinese Sausage
90 g Chinese Cured Pork
50 g Dried Shrimp
180 mL Chicken Stock
30 g Chopped Shallot
170 g Rice Flour
4 Tbsp Wheat Starch
½ Tsp White Pepper Powder
1 Tsp White Sugar
½ Tsp Salt
1. Soak dried shrimps (50 g) in hot water for 10 minutes, set aside.
2. Rinse the Chinese sausages (60 g) and Chinese cured pork (90 g), steam over high heat for 10 minutes.
3. After the Chinese sausages and Chinese cured pork are cooled down, cut off the pigskin, and then cut into pieces.
4. Peel and wash the daikon radish (1 kg), cut half into strips, and shred the other half.
5. Mix the rice flour (170 g) and wheat starch (4 tbsp) and set aside.
6. Add oil (1 tsp) to a pan, sauté the dried shrimp, Chinese sausage and Chinese cured pork cubes, set aside.
7. Add oil (1 tsp), fry the chopped shallot (30 g), add shredded and chopped radish, stir fry for 5 minutes over medium heat.
8. Add chicken stock (180 mL) and white pepper (½ tsp), and cook until radish is soft.
9. Add white sugar (1 tsp), then add ingredients and salt (½ tsp).
10. Turn off the heat, add the rice flour and wheat starch, and mix well.
11. Spread the oil (½ tsp) in the cake mould, add the radish cake mixture to the cake bowl, wrap the cake bowl with tin foil, and steam over high heat for 1 hour.
Insert a chopstick into the centre of the radish cake. If the chopsticks are not sticky with the cake mixture, it means they are ready.
When steaming radish cake, pay attention to the evaporation of water in the wok. It is best to top it up with hot water every 15-20 minutes to prevent it from drying out.
After refrigerating, it can be cut into pieces and pan-fry to serve.
The amount of shredded white radish and strips can be adjusted according to personal preference.