[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serving: 2 ]
These deep-fried large crispy prawns coated in delicious salted egg yolks sauce are super easy to make! This dish is a perfect appetizer for special occasions!
12 Large prawns (280 g)
4 Salted Egg Yolks
30 g Unsalted butter
3 Tbsp Cooking Wine
3 Tbsp Corn Starch
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp White Pepper
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Soak salted egg yolks with cooking wine (2 tbsp) for 10 min.
3. Place the salted egg yolks in a foil tray, bake at 180 °C for 10 min. Let it cool then grind them into fine powder.
4. Remove the shell and vein the prawns (280 g). Wash the prawns, drain dry and butterfly the prawns with a knife.
5. Marinate the prawns with cooking wine (1 tbsp), salt (¼ tsp), white pepper (¼ tsp), garlic powder (¼ tsp) and egg (1 pc). Add corn starch (3 tbsp) and mix well to form the batter.
6. Heat up cooking oil (300 mL) to 200 °C over medium-high heat. Deep fry the prawns at 180 °C for 3 min.
7. Melt unsalted butter (30 g) over medium heat, add salted egg yolks and mix well until the sauce become foamy.
8. Add the prawns, mix well and serve immediately.