[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 4 ]
Tomato scrambled eggs is one of the most common Chinese home-cooked dishes. It is sweet and sour and goes well with rice.
450 g Tomatoes
2 Garlic Cloves
⅛ Tsp Salt
50 mL Water
1½ Tbsp Ketchup
¼ Tsp Light Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Corn Starch
2 Tsp White Sugar
¼ Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Water
1. Rinse the tomato (450 g), remove the stems and cut into chunks.
2. Prepare the sauce mix by mixing ketchup (1½ tbsp), white sugar (2 tsp), light soy sauce (¼ tsp), corn starch (½ tsp), salt (¼ tsp) and water (1 tbsp).
3. Whisk egg (3 unit) with salt (⅛ tsp).
4. Heat up some oil (1 tbsp) on a pan. Add the egg mixture, stir fry over medium heat for 30 seconds then set aside.
5. Heat up some oil (1 tbsp) on a pan and stir fry garlic cloves (2 cloves) until fragrant.
6. Add tomatoes and water (50 mL), cover and simmer over medium heat for 3 min.
7. Add scrambled eggs and sauce mix, simmer over medium heat until the sauce has thickened.