[ Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 8 min | Serving: 6 ]
Steamed scallops with vermicelli and garlic is a classic Cantonese restaurant-style dish. It is a tasty dish with vermicelli absorbing all the scallop flavour and only takes a few minutes to cook!
1500 g Scallops
40 g Vermicelli
25 g Chopped Garlic
1 Tsp Fried Garlic
¼ Tsp Light Soy Sauce
¼ Tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Oil
1. Soak vermicelli (40 g) for 15 minutes, drain and set aside. Use a pair of scissors to cut the soaked vermicelli into 2 to 3 segments.
2. Use a brush to brush off the dirt of scallops (1500 g).
3. Place the vermicelli on the scallops evenly.
4. Heat up oil (3 tbsp) and stir fry chopped garlic (25 g) until fragrant, then add salt (¼ tsp) and mix well.
5. Place the chopped garlic and fried garlic (1 tsp) on the scallops.
6. Steam over high heat for 8 min.
7. Add light soy sauce (¼ tsp) and chopped scallion on the steamed scallops to serve.