[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 5 min | Serving: 2 ]
These deep-fried large crispy prawns coated in delicious creamy wasabi mayonnaise are super easy to make! This dish is a perfect appetizer for special occasions!
220 g Shelless Prawns
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
1 Tbsp Cooking Wine
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp White Pepper
¼ Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
½ Tbsp Wasabi Paste
1. Remove the shell and vein the prawns (220 g). Wash the prawns, drain dry and butterfly the prawns with a knife.
2. Marinate the prawns with cooking wine (1 tbsp), salt (¼ tsp), white pepper (¼ tsp), garlic powder (¼ tsp) and egg (1 pc). Add corn starch (2 tbsp) and mix well to form the batter.
3. Heat up cooking oil (300 mL) to 200 °C over medium-high heat.
4. Deep fry the prawns at 180 °C for 3 min.
5. Mix mayonnaise (2 tbsp) and wasabi paste (½ tbsp) in a bowl. Add the prawns, mix well and serve immediately.