[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 75 min | Serving: 4 ]
This is a refreshing and nutritious soup with burdock root and arrowroot as main ingredients. No meat is added to this soup recipe so it is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
200 g Burdock Root
210 g Arrowroot
600 g Corn
245 g Carrot
50 g Indian Bean
10 g Rice Bean
15 g Candied Date
40 g Radix Millettia
50 g Cashew
2500 mL Water
1. Soak indian bean (50 g), rice bean (10 g), candied date (15 g) and radix millettia (40 g) for 10 min.
2. Rinse and drain indian bean, rice bean, candied date, radix millettia and cashew (50 g) and set aside.
3. Peel carrot (245 g) and burdock root (200 g).
4. Rinse the corn (600g), carrot and burdock root.
5. Cut the carrot, burdock root, arrowroot and corn into chunks.
6. Bring a pot of water (2500 mL) to a boil, add indian bean, rice bean, candied date, radix millettia, cashew, carrot, burdock root, arrowroot and corn, cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 min, then simmer over low heat for 1 hr.
7. Season with salt (¼ tsp), mix well and serve.