[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 75 min | Serving: 4 ]
This is a very easy to make Cantonese soup. It’s super nutritious and delicious!
500 g Green Turnip
430 g Carrot
240 g Corncob
450 g Pork Spine
25 g Candied Dates
6 g Apricot Kernels
2000 mL Hot Water
½ Tsp Salt
1. Peel green turnip (430 g) and carrot (430 g).
2. Cut the corncob into chunks.
3. Rinse the carrot, green turnip and corncob.
4. Cut the carrot and green turnip into chunks and set aside.
5. Rinse candied dates (25 g) and apricot kernels (6 g).
6. Blanch pork spine (450 g) for 3 min, rinse and drain.
7. Bring a pot of water (2000 mL) to a boil, add carrot, green turnip, corncob, pork spine, candied dates and apricot kernels, cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 min, then simmer over low heat for 1 hr.
8. Season with salt (½ tsp), mix well and serve.