[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 4 ]
This braised beef short ribs with black pepper dish is very easy to make at home! The vermicelli absorbed the flavourful black pepper sauce and it’s super tasty!
470 g Beef Short Ribs
50 g Vermicelli
15 g Chopped Garlic
20 g Chopped Shallot
2 g Chopped Chili
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Tsp Shaoxing Wine
1 Tsp Corn Starch
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
½ Tsp Light Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp White Sugar
200 mL Water
1. Soak vermicelli (50 g) for 15 min.
2. Cut and rinse beef short ribs (470 g), pat dry it with kitchen towels. Sprinkle corn starch (1 tsp) on the beef short ribs and set aside.
3. Prepare the sauce mix by mixing oyster sauce (2 tbsp), light soy sauce (½ tsp), dark soy sauce (½ tsp), salt (½ tsp), white sugar (1 tsp) and water (200 mL).
4. Pan-fry beef short ribs to medium rare with oil (1 tsp), and set aside.
5. In a pan, stir fry chopped garlic (15 g) and chopped shallot (20 g) with oil (½ tbsp).
6. Add vermicelli.
7. Add the chopped garlic, chopped shallot, vermicelli and beef short ribs to a clay pot.
8. Add ground black pepper (1 tsp), shaoxing wine (1 tsp) and the sauce mix, cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
9. Add chili (2 g), cover and simmer over medium heat for 1 min.