[ Prep Time: 1 hr | Cooking Time: 40 min | Serving: 4 ]
This is a classic Chinese dessert that could be served cold or hot. It is nutritious and very easy to make at home!
150 g Black Glutinous Rice
65 g Brown Sugar
60 mL Evaporated Milk
200 g Coconut Milk
1000 mL Water
1. Rinse black glutinous rice (150 g).
2. Soak black glutinous rice with water (500 mL) for 1 hr.
3. Add water (500 g) and black glutinous rice in a pot, bring it to a boil, cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 min.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer over low heat for additional 20 min.
5. Add brown sugar (65 g), cover and simmer over low heat for 5 min.
6. Add coconut milk (200 g) and evaporated milk (60 mL), mix well and serve.