[ Prep Time: 8 hr | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 2 ]
Mango sticky rice is a simple and delicious dessert from Thailand made with glutinous rice and coconut milk, paired with succulent mango slices. The preparation process is straightforward and easy, making it a perfect treat to enjoy at home!
100 g Glutinous Rice
120 g Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp White Sugar
⅛ Tsp Salt
60 g Coconut Milk
½ Tsp Tapioca Flour
1 Tsp White Sugar
⅛ Tsp Salt
1. Rinse the glutinous rice (100 g) in water several times until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for at least 1 night.
2. Drain the glutinous rice, and place the rice in the container in one layer.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil, steam the glutinous rice over high heat for 30 min, then turn off the heat and cover for 10 min.
4. Add coconut milk (120 g), white sugar (1 tbsp) and salt (⅛ tsp) to a pot, simmer over medium-low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved completely.
5. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the rice, stir well and set aside for 15 min until the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Add coconut milk (60 g), tapioca flour (½ tsp), white sugar (1 tsp) and salt (⅛ tsp) to a pot, simmer over medium-low heat, stir until the sauce has thickened, then pour the sauce over the rice.
7. Peel and cut the mango (1 pc) into strips, then serve it on the side.