[ Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 45 min | Serving: 4 ]
This is a classic sweet soup made with mung beans, seaweed strips and tangerine peels. It is super easy to make and often served as dessert in Chinese restaurants.
200 g Mung Beans
10 g Seaweed Strips
2 g Tangerine Peels
95 g Brown Sugar
2000 mL Water
1. Soak tangerine peels (2 g) and seaweed (10 g) for 30 min, then cut the seaweed into strips and remove the tangerine peels pith and set aside.
2. Rinse mung beans (200 g), put them in a pot of cold water, bring it to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 5 min then drain and rinse with water.
3. Bring a pot of water (2000 mL) to a boil, add mung beans and tangerine peels, cover and simmer over medium heat for 30 min.
4. Add seaweed strips, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 min.
5. Add brown sugar (95 g), cover and simmer over low heat for 10 min.