[ Prep Time: 45 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 50 ]
With the help of an electric mixer, you can easily and quickly make delicious black pepper beef balls at home!
1 kg Minced Beef
1 g Ground Black Pepper
1 Tsp Ground White Pepper
1 Tsp Chicken Powder
30 g Corn Starch
20 g Baking Powder
20 mL Fish Sauce
1 Tsp Sichuan Peppercorns
100 mL Water
13 g Salt
1. Soak Sichuan peppercorns (1 tsp) with water (100 mL) for 10min, remove the peppercorns and keep the stock.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add minced beef (1 kg), ground black pepper (1 g), ground white pepper (1 tsp), chicken powder (1 tsp), salt (13 g), corn starch (30 g), baking powder (20 g) and fish sauce (20 mL).
3. Mix all the ingredients at low speed, then increase the speed to high and mix for another 5 min.
4. Add Sichuan peppercorn stock (50 mL), then mix at high speed for 5 min.
5. Add Sichuan peppercorn stock (50 mL), then mix at high speed for additional 5 min until the mixture becomes fluffy in texture and might pink in colour.
6. Place the patty in a container, cover with cling film and freeze for 1 hour.
7. Prepare a pot of hot water (70℃-80℃) and keep it warm over medium low heat.
8. Shape the paste to a ball with the help of left index finger and thumb.
9. Dip the scoop into clean water and use scoop to transfer the meat ball to the warm water and cook for 20 min.
10. Cool the meatballs in ice-cold water for 10 min.
11. Drain the meatballs and store in the freezer.
This recipe uses minced beef with 20% fat.
Before mixing the minced beef, it needs to be refrigerated for 30 minutes, and the meat needs to be kept at a low temperature.
While the meatballs are cooking, the water must not boil.
Soak the meatballs in ice water to improve the texture, making it more elastic.