[ Prep Time: 20 min | Baking Time: 20 min | Serving: 6 ]
A quick and easy recipe to make buttery, soft, and moist blueberry muffins with basic ingredients! The use of thick muffin batter combined with high oven temperature guarantees tall muffin tops!
180 g Plain Flour
140 g Blueberries
110 g White Sugar
90 mL Milk
60 g Unsalted Butter
1 Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Tsp Salt
1. In a microwavable bowl, mix blueberries (70 g) with white sugar (10 g) and microwave (900 w) for 3 min then let it cool to room temperature over 15 min.
2. In a bowl, add plain flour (180 g), white sugar (110 g), salt (½ tsp), and baking powder (1 tsp) and mix well.
3. Melt unsalted butter (60 g) in the microwave (900 w) for 30 sec then let it cool to room temperature.
4. Add milk (90 g), egg (1 unit), and vanilla extract (½ tsp) to the flour mixture and mix well.
5. Add the melted unsalted butter and the remaining blueberries (70 g), mix until there is no dry flour left.
6. Divide the muffin batter into six portions and place them on a muffin baking tray.
7. Divide the cooled blueberry jam into six portions and place them on the muffin batter.
8. Gently mix the blueberry jam into the muffin batter with a skewer.
9. Bake at 190 °C / 380 °F for 20 min, cool the muffins on a wire rack, and serve.