[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 50 min | Serving: 4 ]
Braised duck with plum sauce is a traditional Cantonese dish. The use of plum sauce simplifies the ingredients required, and this recipe is easy and quick. The braised duck meat is tender and super tasty!
900 g Duck Legs
10 g Sliced Ginger
1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 Dried Tangerine Peel
500 mL Water
100 g Plum Sauce
2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1. Soak dried tangerine peel (1 pc) in water for 30 min until soft and then scrape off the white inner side of the rinds.
2. Prepare the sauce mix by combining the plum sauce (100 g), oyster sauce (2 tbsp), light soy sauce (2 tbsp), and water (500 mL).
3. Rub the duck legs (900 g) with dark soy sauce (1 tbsp).
4. Pan fry the duck legs skin side down over medium heat to render the duck fat out for 2 min.
5. Turn the duck legs over, add ginger slices (10 g) and tangerine peel, and pan-fry over medium heat for another 2 min.
6. Add the sauce mix, cover, and simmer over medium heat for 40 until the sauce has thickened.