[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 90 min | Serving: 4 ]
Cantonese lamb curry is a very easy to make stew that is perfect to serve with steamed rice.
1200 g Lamb Flank
260 g Potato
300 g Carrot
120 g Onion
50 g Ginger
100 mL Evaporated Milk
2 Tbsp Curry Powder
750 mL Hot Water
1¼ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp White Sugar
1. Peel and slice the ginger (60 g) and set it aside.
2. Peel and chop carrot (300 g), onion (120 g) and potato (260 g) and then rinse with water, drain and set aside. Keep the potato chunks in water.
3. Blanch the lamb flank (1200 g) for 10 min then rinse it with water and set aside.
4. Stir fry the lamb flank over medium heat for 8 min.
5. Add the sliced ginger and chopped onion and stir fry over medium heat for 3 min.
6. Add curry powder (2 tbsp) and mix well.
7. Add boiling water (750 mL), cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 min.
8. Add white sugar (1 tsp), cover and simmer over low heat for 45 min.
9. Add carrot and potato, cover and simmer for additional 30 min.
10. Add salt (1¼ tsp) and evaporated milk (100 mL) , mix well and serve.