[ Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 45 min | Serving: 28 ]
Cantuccini, known also as cantucci, are well-known Italian almond biscuits that originated in the Tuscan city. They are baked twice for extra dryness and crunchiness.
250 g Plain Flour
100 g Almonds
100 g White Sugar
35 g Salted Butter
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. In a bowl, combine plain flour (250 g), white sugar (100 g), baking powder (1 tsp) and mix well.
3. Add softened salted butter (35 g), eggs (2 pcs) and mix well.
4. Roll the dough out to 1 inch thick, add the almonds (100 g) and mix again to incorporate them.
5. Divide the dough into two portions and shape into rods. Bake the dough at 180 °C for 30 min.
6. Let it cool for 10 minutes then cut into slices and spread them out on the baking tray. Bake the biscuit at 180 °C for 15 min.