[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serving: 2 ]
Century eggs and pork congee is very common and popular congee. This non-traditional way to make congee with steamed rice can quickly make a delicious and smooth congee in just 15 minutes, which saves a lot of time and energy!
200 g Steamed Rice
200 g Lean Pork
1000 mL Water
2 Century Eggs
40 g Scallions
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Oil
1. Marinate lean pork (200 g) with salt (1 tsp), corn starch (1 tbsp), water (2 tbsp), and water (1 tbsp) and set aside.
2. Remove the century eggs (2 unit) shell and cut them into small pieces with a pair of scissors.
3. Cut the scallions (40 g) into small pieces with a pair of scissors.
4. Bring a pot of water (1000 mL) to a boil over medium heat and then add steamed rice (200 g) and mix well.
5. Blend the rice until smooth with a hand blender.
6. Simmer it over medium heat for 10 min to form the congee.
7. Add the lean pork and century eggs and then simmer it over medium heat for 3 min.
8. Sprinkle some chopped scallions on top and serve.
Take extra care when blending the hot congee.