[ Prep Time: 10 min | Baking Time: 30 min | Serving: 12 ]
Cheese bread (Pão de queijo), originated from Brazil, is a round and small baked cheese bun. It is a great gluten free cheesy bread that is crispy outside but amazingly soft and chewy inside!
300 g Tapioca Flour
200 mL Milk
80 g Mozzarella Cheese
30 g Parmesan Cheese
30 g Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 160 °C.
2. In a bowl, add tapioca flour (300 g), milk (200 mL) and salt (1 tsp), mix well and microwave the mixture for 2 min.
3. Add vegetable oil (30 g), mozzarella cheese (80 g) and parmesan cheese (30 g), knead into a dough then let it cool.
4. Add egg (1 pc) and mix until the egg is fully incorporated into the dough.
5. Divide the dough into twelve equal portions.
6. Bake at 160 °C for 30 min.
Cover your hand with some vegetable oil when handling the dough to prevent sticking.
Leftover buns can be stored in the freezer for up to a month and warmed up in a microwave oven (1 min).
The dough can be stored in a freezer for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen for the same amount of time.