[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 3 ]
350 g Boneless Chicken Thighs
200 g Potato
150 g Carrot
½ Onion (100 g)
3 Garlic Cloves
250 mL Water
1 Tbsp Chicken Powder
½ Tsp White Pepper Powder
½ Tsp Salt
20 g Unsalted butter
20 g Plain flour
250 mL Milk
1. Cut the chicken thighs (350 g) into cubes. Marinate it with chicken powder (1 tbsp), white pepper powder (½ tsp) and salt (½ tsp).
2. Peel and cut the onion (½ pc) into small pieces.
3. Peel and cut the carrot (150 g) into small pieces.
4. Peel and cut the potato (200 g) into small pieces.
5. Stir fry the chicken thighs with oil (2 tbsp) and garlic (3 cloves) over medium heat.
6. Add the vegetables, mix well.
7. Add water (250 mL), cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 min.
8. In a separate pan, melt unsalted butter (20 g) over low heat and add plain flour (20 g).
9. Gradually add milk (250 mL) while stirring, simmer over medium heat to form the roux.
10. Add the roux to the chicken thighs, mix well.
11. Simmer over high heat until the sauce has thickened.
When preparing the roux, it is important to stir the mixture continuously over low heat in order to create a smooth, creamy sauce.