[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 60 min | Serving: 4 ]
This Chicken Fricassee recipe is an easy and hearty weeknight meal. The chicken is browned, then slowly braised with onions, garlic, herbs and carrots in a white wine cream sauce.
550 g Chicken Thighs
250 g Sliced Mushroom
1 Onion (200 g)
80 g Pancetta
3 Garlic Cloves
500 mL White Wine
150 mL Double Cream
4 g Chopped Parsley
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Season the chicken thighs (550 g) with salt (¼ tsp) and ground black pepper powder (¼ tsp).
2. Peel and chop the onion (200 g).
3. In a non-stick pan, sear the chicken thighs skin side down over medium heat for 5 min.
4. Turn the chicken thighs, add pancetta (80 g) and pan fry over medium heat for another 5 min.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add garlic cloves (3 pcs), chopped onion and sliced mushroom (250 g), sauté them over medium heat for 3 min.
6. Add chicken thighs and white wine (500 mL), bring it to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 45 min.
7. Add double cream (150 mL) and simmer over medium heat for 5 min until the sauce has thickened. Add chopped parsley (4 g) and serve.