[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
A super easy rice cooker recipe to make Japanese-style chicken rice with fresh shiitake mushrooms! It is very convenient and simple, suitable for every beginner in the kitchen!
350 g Sushi Rice
250 mL Water
350 g Chicken Thigh
120 g Shiitake Mushroom
140 g Carrot
100 g Deep Fried Tofu
5 g Dried Kelp
2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Mirin
2 Tbsp Sake
1 Tsp Salt
1. Soak sushi rice (350 g) for 30 min.
2. Cut the chicken thigh (350 g) into strips and set aside.
3. Marinade the chicken thigh with sake (2 tbsp), light soy sauce (2 tbsp), mirin (2 tbsp), and salt (1 tsp).
4. Peel and cut carrot (140 g) into strips.
5. Cut the deep-fried tofu (100 g) into bit size pieces.
6. Remove the stem of shiitake mushrooms (120 g) and cut it into bit size pieces.
7. Drain the soaked sushi rice.
8. Place the drained sushi rice in the rice cooker, add water (250 mL), and dried kelp (5 g).
9. Add chicken thigh with the marinade, deep-fried tofu, carrot strips, and shiitake mushroom strips, and use the quick cook program to fully cook the rice.
10. Mix well and serve.