[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serving: 2 ]
Teriyaki chicken jyu is a super easy dish cooked in 15 minutes! Quickly stir fry chicken pieces with homemade teriyaki sauce. Serve it on top of a bed of rice alongside with fresh avocado salad.
400 g Boneless Chicken Thigh
20 g Mixed Leaves
1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds
2 Bowls of Steamed Sushi Rice (¾ Cup of Sushi Rice)
2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sake
2 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp White Sugar
1. Prepare the sauce mix with light soy sauce (2 tbsp), sake (2 tbsp), mirin (2 tbsp) and white sugar (1 tbsp) in a bowl.
2. Dice the chicken thighs (400 g).
3. Pan-fry both sides of the chicken until golden brown with oil (2 tbsp).
4. Add the sauce mix and cook until the sauce is thickened.
5. Slice the avocado (1 pc) into strips.
6. Place mixed leaves and avocado slices on the steamed rice.
7. Place the teriyaki chicken on top, sprinkle white sesame seeds over the chicken and garnish with some mayonnaise to serve.
Slice the avocado just before serving to avoid it turning brown.