[ Prep Time: 10 min | Baking Time: 30 min | Serving: 10 ]
Chinese shortbread is a traditional Chinese snack! They are normally round and covered in flour with a fluffy cake-like texture and sweet in taste!
300 g Plain Flour
90 g White Sugar
70 g Milk
40 g Vegetable Oil
10 g Baking Powder
1. In a bowl, mix egg (1 unit), white sugar (90 g), baking powder (10 g), and milk (70 g).
2. Stir in vegetable oil (40 g) and then add plain flour (300 g).
3. Mix all the ingredients together until there is no dry flour left, cover and let it rest for 30 min.
4. Divide the dough into 10 portions (about 55 g each) and then roll them into a round ball shape.
5. Sprinkle some plain flour on both sides of the dough and then bake at 130 °C / 270 °F for 30 min.
6. Cool the shortbread on a wire rack and serve.