[ Prep Time: 2 hr | Baking Time: 12 min | Serving: 12 ]
These chocolate chip cookies are super soft, thick, and chewy! They are very easy to make with basic, wholesome ingredients and do not require a mixer!
150 g Bread Flour
100 g Plain Flour
½ Tsp Baking Powder
200 g Unsalted Butter
150 g Dark Brown Sugar
100 g White Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
200 g Dark Chocolate (70%)
1. Melt unsalted butter (200 g) in the microwave (900 w) for 5 min then let it cool for 15 min at room temperature.
2. Add white sugar (100 g), dark brown sugar (150 g), salt (1 tsp), and vanilla extract (2 tsp) to the cooled butter and mix well.
3. Whisk in an egg (1 unit) until the mixture is thick, smooth, and shiny.
4. Fold in bread flour (150 g), baking powder (½ tsp), and plain flour (100 g).
5. Fold in dark chocolate (200 g) until there is no dry flour left, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hr.
6. Divide the dough into 12 portions (about 80 g each) and then roll them into a round ball shape. Place them on the baking tray and then bake at 190 °C / 380 °F for 12 min.
7. Cool the cookies on a wire rack and serve.
After baking the cookies are very soft, please let them cool down on the baking tray for 5 min before transferring them to the rack.