[ Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 90 min | Serving: 4 ]
This is a Chinese style soup using silkie chicken and coconut as main ingredients. It is very nutritious, delicious and easy to make!
1 Silkie Chicken
1 Corn on cob
450 mL Coconut water
80 g Sliced whelk
3 L Water
¼ Tsp Salt
1. Soak sliced whelk (80g) for 20 min.
2. Crack open a coconut (550 g). Set the coconut water aside and rinse the coconut flesh and cut into strips.
3. Cut corn on cob (1 ear) cut into segments.
4. Rinse silkie chicken (185 g), remove the skin and giblets and cut into pieces. Blanch it with ginger (3 slices) for 3 min.
5. Boil a pot of water (3 L), add corn on cob, coconut, silkie chicken, sliced whelk and dates (3 pcs). Simmer over medium heat for 15 min, and then over low heat for 45 min.
6. Add coconut water (450 mL), simmer over low heat for 15 min.
7. Add salt (¼ tsp), skim off excess oil on the surface and serve.