[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
This nutritious and silky soup is made from only 4 main ingredients and can be prepared quickly within 30 minutes. Adding fish maws greatly enhanced the texture and richness to the ordinary corn soup.
425 mL Creamed Style Corn
30 g Fish Maw
250 mL Chicken Broth
300 mL Water
¼ Tsp Chicken Powder
¼ Tsp Salt
3 Ginger Slices
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
1. Soak fish maw (30 g) in water for at least 1 hours until softened. Cut into small strips and set aside.
2. Blanch the fish maw with ginger (3 slices) for 5 min.
3. Mix corn starch (2 tbsp) with water and set aside.
4. Add chicken broth (250 mL) and fish maw. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
5. Add creamed style corn (425 g) and water (300 mL). Cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
6. Slowly pour in the corn starch solution with stirring, and continue to cook until the broth thickens.
7. Add chicken powder (¼ tsp) and salt (¼ tsp) and mix well.
8. Add beaten egg (1 pc) to make the egg drop.
Add ground white pepper to taste to serve.