[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
This corn soup is really easy to make with simple ingredients and delicious. It can be prepared with either fresh or frozen corn.
300 g Sweet Corn
750 mL Chicken Stock
250 mL Double Cream
1 Clove Garlic
2 Tbsp Butter
½ Tbs Salt
1. Slice the onion (1 pc).
2. Melt butter (2 tbsp) in a stockpot over medium heat and saute chopped onion and crushed garlic (1 clove).
3. Add sweet corn (300 g) and salt (½ tsp), saute for 2 min.
4. Add chicken stock (750 mL), simmer over medium heat for 15 min. Skim off the scum.
5. Blend the soup until smooth.
6. Add double cream (250 mL) and simmer over medium heat for 15 min.
Vegetable stock could be used instead of chicken stock.
Take extra care when blending the hot soup.