[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serving: 4 ]
A smooth, flavorful blended broccoli soup is on the table in less than 30 minutes. This soup is perfect for lunch or as a starter when served with toasted bread.
250 mL Milk
250 mL Water
500 mL Chicken Stock
20 g Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp Plain Flour
Salt (1 Tsp)
1. Blanch broccoli (3 pcs) over medium heat for 1 min.
2. Melt unsalted butter (5 g) in a stockpot over medium heat and saute chopped onion (1 pc).
3. Add broccoli florets, chicken stock (500 mL), and water (250 mL), and simmer over medium heat for 10 min.
4. In a separate pan, melt unsalted butter (15 g) over low heat and add plain flour (2 tbsp).
5. Gradually add milk (250 mL) while stirring, simmer over medium heat to form the roux.
6. Blend the soup until smooth.
7. Season with salt (1 tsp).
8. Add the roux to the soup, mix well.
9. Pour it into individual serving bowls and garnish it with dried parsley to serve.
Vegetable stock could be used instead of chicken stock.
Take extra care when blending the hot soup.
When preparing the roux, it is important to stir the mixture continuously over low heat in order to create a smooth, creamy soup.