[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 4 min | Serving: 2 ]
The ingredients and process of making deep-fried shrimp are simple. After deep-frying, the breadcrumb coating is golden brown and crunchy, and the shrimp inside is super juicy, tender, and delicious!
300 g Prawn
150 g Breadcrumbs
100 g Cake Flour
¼ Tsp Salt
80 mL Water
1. Remove the head and shell of the prawn and then devein the prawns with toothpick. Make a few cuts on the prawns, rinse it with water, pat dry it with kitchen towels and set aside.
2. Whisk egg (1 unit), sieve in cake flour (100 g) and then all water (80 mL) in two portions and mix well to form the batter.
3. Add salt (¼ tsp) to the batter and mix well.
4. Coat the prawns with batter and breadcrumbs sequentially.
5. Heat up a pot of oil (500 mL) to 100 °C over medium heat.
6. Deep fry the prawns over low heat for 4 min.
7. Drain the excess oil by placing the deep fried shrimps on kitchen towels, let it cool down and serve.
Making a few cuts on the prawns could prevent them from curling up after deep frying.