[ Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
Eggs and beancurd sweet soup is one of the traditional Chinese dessert made with beancurd sheets, pearl barley and ginkgo nuts.
115 g Bean Curd Sheets
146 g Rock Sugar
60 g Ginkgo Nuts
15 g Pearl Barley
2 L Water
1. Soak bean curd sheets (115 g) in water for at least 15 min, rinse and set aside.
2. Soak pearl barley (15 g) in water for at least 30 min, rinse and set aside.
3. Remove the shell, membrane and stem of ginkgo nuts (60 g).
4. Prepare hard-boiled eggs (2 pcs).
5. In a pot of boiling water (2 L), add ginkgo nuts and pearl barley, simmer over high heat for 10 min.
6. Add bean curd sheets, simmer over high heat for 5 min then low heat for 10 min.
7. Add the hard-boiled egg (2 pcs) and rock sugar (146 g), simmer over medium heat until the rock sugar has completely dissolved.
8. Turn off the heat. Add beaten egg(1 pc) to make the egg drop.
It is important to remove the stem and membrane of fresh ginkgo nuts.