[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 2 ]
Eggs Royale is a variation of eggs Benedict made with smoked salmon and is a perfect breakfast or brunch to get started in the morning. Check out how you can prepare a creamy hollandaise sauce in just 30 seconds with this recipe!
1 English Muffin
50 g Smoked Salmon
1 Egg Yolk
35 g Salted Butter
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
½ Tbsp Water
1. In a microwavable bowl, add salted butter (35 g), egg yolk (1 pc), lemon juice (1 tsp), water (½ tbsp) and mix well.
2. Microwave the hollandaise mixture for 10 sec at 900W then whisk. Repeat this step 2 to 3 more times until the sauce has thickened.
3. Crack eggs (2 pcs) into two small bowls.
4. Swirl a pot of boiling water, slide in the eggs. Turn off heat and poach for 2½ min.
5. Slice the English muffins (1 pc) in half and toast the muffins.
6. Place the smoked salmon (25 g) on each toasted muffin half and place a poached egg on top of the smoked salmon. Drizzle over the hollandaise sauce to serve.
Pay attention to the consistency of the hollandaise sauce.
Never microwave over 10 sec each time without mixing.
If the sauce is too thin, microwave it for another round and check the consistency.
If the sauce is too thick, simply dilute it with water until the desired consistency is reached.