[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serving: 12 pcs ]
Fish shumai is one of the popular street food in Hong Kong. These steamed dumplings are filled with a fish filling and they are very easy to make at home!
160 g Sole Fillet
12 Shumai Wrappers
48 g Tapioca Starch
60 g Glutinous Rice Flour
12 g Corn Starch
60 mL Water
¼ Tsp White Pepper
½ Tsp Sesame Oil
2 Tsp Dried Flounder Fish Powder
2 Tbsp Chicken Stock
½ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp White Sugar
1. Defrost sole fillet (160 g), cut into pieces and dry with kitchen towel. Add salt (½ tsp) and chicken stock (2 tbsp) then blend with a food processor.
2. Mix white sugar (½ tsp), white pepper (¼ tsp), sesame oil (½ tsp) and dried flounder fish powder (2 tsp) to the fish filling.
3. Add and mix glutinous rice flour (60 g), tapioca starch (48 g), corn starch (12 g) and water (60 mL) into the fish filling with a food processor.
4. Refrigerate the fish filling for 1 hour.
5. Push in the fish filling with a teaspoon to a wrapper and shape it into a shumai.
6. Steam the shumai over medium heat for 15 minutes.
They are best served with soy sauce and chili oil.