[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 35 min | Serving: 4 ]
Fish soup with tofu and hairy gourd is an easy to make, nutritious and delicious soup!
250 g Crucian Carp
530 g Hairy Gourd
300 g Hard Tofu
20 g Ginger Slices
2 L Hot Water
½ Tsp Salt
1. Rinse the crucian carp (250 g) then pat dry with a kitchen towel.
2. Peel and rinse the hairy gourd (530 g), cut into chunks.
3. Cut the hard tofu (300 g) into chunks.
4. In a pan, stir fry ginger slices (20 g) until fragrant with oil (½ tsp). Add crucian carp and then pan fry each side over medium heat for 2 min.
5. Add hot boiling water (2 L), cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
6. Add hairy gourd, cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 min.
7. Add hard tofu, cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
8. Add salt (½ tsp), mix well and serve.
It is important to add boiling hot water to the fish to make the soup milky white.