[ Prep Time: 3 hr | Cooking Time: 40 min | Serving: 4 ]
This pork jerky is a very popular meat snack in China and is often presented as a gift to friends and relatives. Making them at home is actually very straightforward and you could turn fresh pork mince into this wonderful meat snack!
500 g Minced Pork (10% Fat)
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Cooking Wine
1 Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
2½ Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sugar
½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Add cooking wine (2 tbsp), dark soy sauce (1 tsp), light soy sauce (2½ tbsp), ground black pepper (½ tsp) and sugar (2 tbsp) to marinate the minced pork (500 g).
3. Stir the pork until it becomes sticky. Cover it with cling film and keep it in the fridge and marinate for at least 2 hr.
4. Divide the minced pork into portions, depending on the oven size. Repeat the following steps.
5. Place the pork on parchment paper. Cover the minced pork with cling film, flatten the minced pork using a rolling pin.
6. Place the pork on a baking tray, remove the cling film and bake for 10 min at 180 °C.
7. Brush honey (1 tbsp) on the pork jerky and bake for another 10 min at 180 °C.
8. Turn over the pork jerky, brush honey (1 tbsp) on top and then bake for another 10 min at 180 °C.
9. Allow the pork jerky to cool to room temperature then cut it into strips.
Keep an eye on the pork jerky while grilling in the oven to avoid burning.
Store the pork jerky in the fridge.
The pork jerky could be served cold or hot.