[ Prep Time: 2 hr | Baking Time: 18 min | Serving: 4 ]
These soft, delicious bushman bread rolls are very easy to make! They are incredibly moist and rich in flavour.
130 g Wholemeal Flour
160 g Bread Flour
4 g Salt
40 g Brown Sugar
5 g Instant Yeast
8 g Cocoa Powder
40 g Molasses
160 mL Milk
25 g Unsalted Butter
1. In a bowl, mix sieved bread flour (160 g) and wholemeal flour (130 g), brown sugar (40 g), salt (4 g), cocoa powder (8 g) and instant yeast (5 g) and mix well.
2. Add the molasses (40g) and milk (160 mL) and mix well until no dry flour left.
3. Add unsalted butter (25 g) and mix well.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with moist cloth and let it sit at room temp for 1 hr.
5. Divide the dough into 4 portions and shape the dough into ball shaped on a floured surface. Cover and let it rise for 10 min.
6. Flatten the dough on a floured surface and roll up the dough. Cover and let it sit at room temp for 1 hr.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 356 °F for 10 min.
8. Sprinkle some wholemeal flour on the dough and bake at 180 °C / 356 °F for 18 min.
9. Let the bread cool down on a rack and serve.
Let the unsalted butter to softened at room temperature before using it.