[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 1 ]
This air fryer version Hong Kong style French toast is a lot simpler to make. Golden and crispy outside, it is best served with butter and golden syrup.
2 Sliced White Bread
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Milk
10 g Butter
2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1. Preheat the air fryer for 5 min at 200 °C.
2. Mix the milk (1 tbsp) into the beaten egg (1 pcs) and mix well.
3. Spread the peanut butter (1 tbsp) on a slice of bread, stack the other slice on top.
4. Completely soak both sides of the bread with all the egg mixture.
5. Place the bread on parchment paper, air fry at 200 °C for 5 min. Turn the bread and air fry the other side for an additional 5 min.
6. Place butter (10 g) on the toast and drizzle golden syrup (2 tbsp) over to serve.
If you don't have an air fryer, deep fry the toast for 2 min until golden brown.