[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 100 min | Serving: 4 ]
Japanese curry rice is an amazingly well known dish in Japan! A wide range of meats and vegetables can be used to make this curry and this hearty beef curry with potato and carrot has a tasty sauce nobody will be able to resist.
900 g Beef Rib Finger
200 g Potato
200 g Carrot
90 g Japanese Curry Cubes
1 L Water
1. Peel and cut the potato (200 g) into small pieces.
2. Peel and cut the carrot (200 g) into small pieces.
3. Blanch the beef rib fingers (900 g) for 30 min.
4. Drain and rinse the beef rib fingers, cut into cubes.
5. Stir fry the beef rib fingers without oil to render the fat out.
6. Add potatoes and carrots, stir fry until golden brown.
7. Drain excess fat.
8. Add water (1 L), cover and simmer for 60 min.
9. Turn off the heat, add the curry cubes (90 g).
10. Simmer over low heat until the sauce has thickened.
To reduce cooking time, cook the beef rib fingers with a pressure cooker first.