[ Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 70 min | Serving: 4 ]
Japanese cheesecake is super soft, light and fluffy. It's the perfect combination of sponge cake and cheesecake in both taste and texture! This is a must bake for cheesecake lovers!
250 g Cream Cheese
100 g Milk
60 g Sugar
50 g Unsalted Butter
40 g Cake Flour
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 120 °C.
2. In a small pan over medium heat, mix together the cream cheese (250 g), unsalted butter (50 g) and milk (100 g) until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Separate the egg whites and egg yolks (5 pcs).
4. Sift in cake flour (40 g) and add cream cheese mixture to the egg yolks and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, add lemon juice (1 tsp) to the egg whites, beat the egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form while gradually add the sugar (60 g).
6. Add the cake mixture to the meringue, fold gently until well incorporated.
7. Pour the batter into a round cake tin (7½" / 19 cm) lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake the cake using a hot water bath at 120 °C for 60 min, then broil until lightly browned.
9. Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hr before serving.
Make sure the mixer and mixing bowl are clean and dry. Oil and water can affect the beating quality of egg whites.
Be sure to fold the egg whites into the batter well. Do not beat or mix vigorously as this will deflate the egg whites.