[ Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 3 ]
Japchae or chapchae is a very popular Korean dish. This is a one-pot quick and easy recipe of this classic sweet potato starch noodles stir fry with mixed vegetables and pork belly!
160 g Pork Belly Slice
100 g Sweet Potato Starch Noodles
5 g Dried Wood Ear Mushroom
5 g Dried Shiitake Mushroom
200 g Spinach
½ Onion (80 g)
½ Carrot (80 g)
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Water
1½ Tbsp White Sugar
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Soak sweet potato starch noodles (100 g) with cold water for 30 min.
2. Soak wood ear mushroom (5 g) with hot water for 30 min.
3. Soak shiitake mushroom (5 g) with hot water for 30 min.
4. Slice the onion (80 g).
5. Cut the spinach (200 g) in half.
6. Peel and shred the carrot (80 g).
7. Prepare the sauce mix by combining water (2 tbsp), white sugar (1½ tbsp), light soy sauce (3 tbsp), ground black pepper (½ tsp) and sesame oil (1 tbsp).
8. Stir fry pork belly slice (160 g) over medium heat until golden brown on both sides then cut into strips.
9. Sequentially add rehydrated shiitake and wood ear mushrooms, shredded carrot, sliced onion, rehydrated sweet potato starch noodles, sauce mix and spinach. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 8 min.
10. Mix all ingredients well, cut the starch noodles in smaller segments if required and serve.