[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 4 ]
Using king prawns instead of lobsters to make this classic e-fu noodle dish is a lot easier and much cheaper. This delicious cheese sauce is super easy to prepare with just chicken stock and cheese slices.
260 g Large Prawns
300 g E-Fu Noodles
5 slices Cheddar Cheese
12 g Garlic Slices
600 mL Chicken Broth
3 Tbsp Corn Starch
¼ Tsp Salt
1. Remove the shell and vein the prawns (260 g). Wash the prawns, drain dry and butterfly the prawns with a knife.
2. Mix corn starch (3 tbsp) with water (3 tbsp) and set aside.
3. Blanch e-fu noodles (300 g) for 2 min, drain and set aside.
4. Heat up some oil (2 tbsp) and garlic slices (12 g) on a pan. Stir fry the prawns for 2 min over medium heat.
5. Add chicken broth (600 mL), simmer over medium heat for 4 min.
6. Add cheddar cheese (5 slices), simmer over medium heat for 2 min until the cheese has dissolved completely.
7. Add the corn starch solution and simmer over medium heat for 2 min.
8. Season it with salt (¼ tsp), mix well and the drizzle the cheese sauce on the e-fu noodles to serve.