[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 6 hr | Serving: 6 ]
Oxtail soup is a traditional Korean bone broth. The soup is milky white, nutritious, and rich in flavor! It is best served with steamed rice.
1.5 kg Oxtail
1 kg Beef Marrow Bones
6 L Water
Salt To Taste
Black Pepper To Taste
1. Soak marrow bones (1 kg) for 1 hr, drain, and set aside.
2. Soak oxtails (1.5 kg) for 1 hr, drain, and set aside.
3. Blanch the oxtails and marrow bones over high heat for 30 min, drain and clean the bones and oxtails and set aside.
4. In a stockpot, boil the oxtails and marrow bones with water (6 L) over high heat and then simmer over low heat for 6 hr.
5. Skim off the excess oil on the surface.
6. Chop the scallion and set it aside.
7. Season the soup with salt and ground black pepper to taste, sprinkle some chopped scallion on top and serve.