[ Prep Time: 60 min | Cooking Time: 240 min | Serving: 4 ]
Winter is the best time to enjoy lamb meat. This lamb stew could serve as hot pot together with Chinese lettuce and it is guaranteed to be the best dish for winter time!
1500 g Lamb Brisket
130 g Fried Beancurd Sheets
310 g Sugarcane
8 Water Chestnuts
8 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
30 g Rock Sugar
4 g Lemon Leaves
50 g Garlic greens
60 g Chinese Celery
5 Garlic Cloves
60 g Ginger Slices
¼ Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Shaoxing Wine
2000 mL Water
120 g Red Fermented Bean Curd
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
3 Tbsp Chu Hou Paste
1. Soak shiitake mushrooms (8 pcs) with water for 20 min.
2. Soak fried beancurd sheets (130 g) with water for 30 min.
3. Rinse sugarcane (310 g) and cut into segments. Peel water chestnuts (8 pcs), rinse with water and set aside
4. Cut Chinese celery (60 g) and garlic greens (50 g) into segments.
5. Cut Chinese celery (60 g) and garlic greens (50 g) into segments.
6. Blanch lamb brisket with ginger (4 slices) over medium heat for 10 min.
7. When it starts to boil, add Shaoxing wine (1 tbsp) and blanch for 5 min, rinse and set aside.
8. When it starts to boil, add Shaoxing wine (1 tbsp) and blanch for 5 min, rinse and set aside.
9. In a bowl, prepare the sauce mix by combining red fermented bean curd (120 g), chu hou paste (3 tbsp), oyster sauce (3 tbsp), dark soy sauce (1 tsp) and light soy sauce (1 tbsp).
10. In a pan, stir fry ginger slices (60 g), shallots (6 pcs) and ginger (5 cloves) with oil (1 tbsp) until fragrance.
11. Add sauce mix and stir fry for 30 sec.
12. Add lamb brisket and stir fry for 3 min.
13. Add Shaoxing wine (1 tbsp), water (2 L), lemon leaves (4 g), water chestnuts and sugarcane. Simmer over high heat for 20 min, then over low heat for 45 min. Turn off heat and cook with residue heat for 60 min.
14. Add shiitake mushrooms, simmer over low heat for 30 min. Turn off heat and cook with residue heat for 30 min.
15. Add fried beancurd sheets and salt (¼ tsp). Simmer over low heat for 20 min or until the lamb brisket is tender.
16. Add Chinese celery (60 g) and garlic greens (50 g), simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
Using the residual heat after simmering to stew the lamb brisket could be significantly more energy-efficient.