[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 6 min | Serving: 4 ]
This is one of the most popular street foods in Hong Kong. It is very refreshing and delicious and only takes a few steps to make!
345 g Lettuce
150 g Minced Fish
10 g Scallion
1 L Water
250 mL Chicken Stock
8 g Ginger Slices
¼ Tsp White Pepper
¼ Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Salt
1. Soak lettuce (345 g) with salt (½ tsp) for 30 min, drain and cut into strips, place them in a clay pot and set aside.
2. Mix minced fish with white pepper (¼ tsp), scallion (10 g), and sesame oil (¼ tsp).
3. Boil a pot of water (1 L) and chicken stock (250 mL) with ginger slices (8 g), slowly add the minced fish, cover and simmer over medium heat for 3 min.
4. Pour the fish soup into the clay pot, bring it to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 3 min.
5. Add salt (1 tsp) and mix well and serve.
The minced fish we used in this recipe was purchased from Kau Kee. It is very fresh and tasty, we highly recommend you give them a try! Online Shop: https://www.kaukeefoodfactory.com/