[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 8 min | Serving: 2 ]
Mackerel teriyaki is a common Japanese home cooking dish, it is super delicious and easy to make with a simple teriyaki sauce mix.
200 g Mackerel
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
1¼ Tsp Japanese Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tsp White Sugar
¼ Tsp Minced Ginger
1. Rinse mackerel (200 g), pat dry it with kitchen towels then cut in half, cover with corn starch (1 tbsp) and set aside.
2. Prepare the sauce mix by mixing japanese soy sauce (1¼ tsp), mirin (1 tbsp), white sugar (1 tsp) and minced ginger (¼ tsp).
3. Heat up oil (1 tbsp), pan fry mackerel over medium heat for 3 min.
4. Place the mackerel skin side down and pan fry over low heat for 3 min.
5. Add the sauce mix, pan fry over low heat for 30 sec and serve.